Friday 24 February 2012

Cats and quilts

Our cat of 15 years died this week. It was a very sad time and made harder by trying to explain to our 3 year old where the cat had gone :-( I stopped sewing for two days as every time I went to use the machine, my eyes welled up so badly, everything went blurry. (Here she is sitting on my strips of tshirts I was half way through sewing for my quilt).

I want to try sewing a sleeved bib for messy meals, but before I tackle that, I made a few regular bibs. They were fun and, with the great fabric around these days, look fab! Who doesn't love minky!!

I finished my quilt last week, it only took a couple of evenings to cut up all my squares and a couple more to sew them all together. I decided to use iron-on batting to hold the tshirts firm (to stop them stretching too much) especially when sewing them to the denim. I am really happy with the result. I won't be entering it into any quilting shows, but it has awesome memories and will be toasty in winter! (photos = back denim, front tees)

Do you like the pockets I left on? I think they look so cool!!

Happy sewing!
ZG

No comments:

Post a Comment