Tuesday 30 October 2012

Apron

My mum asked for an apron for her birthday so I picked some pretty fabric that I thought she'd like then set to work. I made up the pattern, based loosely on an apron I already have.

It didn't work as well as I'd hoped but I put elastic along the top to stop the gapping and added a yoyo flower for fun. 

The skirt is gathered using the zig zag and wool system and sewn onto the back of the waist tie. I added a rounded pocket and some lace from my mothers collection, to remind her of an older project. Then a frill on the bottom. 

It was a fun easy project. Here are some pics of kids apron's I've made as well. Each one is a one of a kind, I don't tend to make the same apron twice. 





2 comments:

  1. These are cute! :) Do you sell these somewhere? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I've only just seen your comment. Yes I sell aprons at markets. Check out my facebook page for more info: www.facebook.com/ZealousDesign. I'm in New Zealand :-)

    ReplyDelete